Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Antigua- Cobblestones and Volcanoes


We are now in the ancient colonial city of Antigua, Guatemala. The streets are cobblestone, the churches are massive, and it is as though we have stepped back to the 1700´s. I bought some big black shoes with buckles and Angela has taken to wearing a dashing green cape and white gloves. Actually that is not true, we are down to t-shirts and shorts because it is blasted hot and dry. We awoke this morning to breakfast on a terrace overlooking the city with not one but two volcanoes smoking in the distance. I thought I spotted a pteradactyl but Angela´s keen eyes pointed out it was just more vultures. We are both suffering a bit from Seagull Syndrome (I shan´t go into detail) but our spirits are high and we are enjoying wandering through Central America´s first capital city. Tomorrow we bus on to Lago de Atitlan where we´ll stay through new years. I´ll post more tonight once the sun is down.

Vaya con Dios Amigos!!

1 comment:

Papa Dude said...

Dudes,
just thought I'd drop a quick one to let you know we are all keeping up on your..."adventures" if you call eating, swimming, and drinking an adventure....Though of course I do like adventursome drinking. Anyway, we had a beautiful day of sun and powder yesterday and now we are back to the rain. Please bottle some sunshine for me, and drink a Gallo Stout for Tiffany.