Friday, December 23, 2005

The Legend Continues

The weather today is hot and humid, a nice change from yesterday where it rained so hard Angela was washed right off the dive dock. Luckily she wears a bright red jacket so we picked her up in the boat before she had drifted too far. Apparently last December the island recieved 77 inches of rain, yikes. I dove yesterday down to a wrecked sailboat 60 feet down that was guarded by a barracuda, he wasn't covered in mango sauce so I let him be. I had two great dives with Alton Dive Masters but it was raining and blowing above the water so I got pretty cold, even though it was still 70F. Last night we went Italian and had pasta with shrimp in a white wine sauce, most excellent. The night before was bbq lobster at RJ's bbq, a heavily favored local spot. The lobster was amazing and RJ is the ultimate bbq dude, he looks like he quit his job as an ultimate fighting champion to bbq anything that holds still and he has attained master status.
Today I begin my advanced dive course which will start with a deep dive to 100 feet where we will check out the wreck of the dread ship Halliburton. I can't wait. Beyond that all is well, Angela will be off on a snorkelling adventure and then we will plan our culinary assault on the island later on tonight. I'm thinking bbq...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exceptional adventure once again....I absolutely gobble the words up off the page and giggle like a kid in a booby bar whilst the pictures you paint come to life...true journalist baby...will keep track of you..and keep posting...Mattsonian